Tuesday, May 14, 2013

And so it begins....

WELP! My FIRST blog post! No exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! So, I'll start out by explaining why I created this blog: it's really simple and totally unoriginal -- basically, to document and share the moments of my crazy life through words and pictures (I have a beautiful Canon SLR that does NOT get used enough!)(I also think I'm kind of funny, so I want to see if others agree). I just completed my second half marathon, and have my eye on number three, so this is also a way to keep myself accountable for my workouts and healthy eating (with the occasional not so healthy (read: cupcakes and ice cream!)) ;)

CHARACTERS
So, who is Blonde Cupcake? Well, that's me: Rachel. I'm a born and raised "Valley Girl" (aka The San Fernando Valley - a hot and sweaty suburb of Los Angeles). I work as a legal assistant at a real estate law firm in Downtown Los Angeles. You won't hear much about my job, because, well....I don't love it. I'm currently working on starting my own online clothing boutique, and hope to have it fully up and running by late 2013-early 2014 (I'll be sure to keep ya'll posted!). I play alot of competitive kickball -- yes, the child's game. You'll get to know alot about the kickball world. I'm obsessed with the Real Housewives (all cities), Disneyland and sushi, and am still waiting for the one weekend where I don't do anything except lay in my bed all day and watch tv. It hasn't happened in two years...but one day.


What else do you do after a half marathon?
My boyfriend, Jeff.  We met on the kickball fields (I'll post about that later). He works from home (lucky!) as a Box Office Analyst -- basically, he predicts how much new movies are going to make each weekend. If you follow the movie industry, you've probably read a few quotes or articles by him. We've been dating for two years. He truly is my best friend and lover, wrapped into one human being.

Typical tourist in Australia

The beginning of our hike through the Grand Canyon

Lilianna aka Lili, Jeff's daughter. She loves Spongebob, the beach, Disneyland, putting on ballet recitals in our living room, soccer, playing puppy, and has more energy than anyone I know. She also has "a good brain."

Cheese!


My fur baby, Muffin. She's a one year old French Bulldog, who can compete with Lili's energy level. She farts, begs for food, and chews shoes...but how can you not love that face!

Those ears! 



No comments:

Post a Comment